Shadow as a doorway to Purpose.
Most of us have no reason to believe the more we look at fear, the more we are able to see the truth beyond it.
Denying our shadow gives it power. Fear grows in denial, confusion and projection (blame). It dissolves in exposure. In my practice and working with others, I see and learn this almost daily.
When I believe fear is real, it is exhausting. When we shine the light, it is our doorway to freedom. Willie Nelson wrote in his autobiography, “When you sing the blues, you lose the blues.”
To become aware, admit, and accept fear for what it is, creates a miraculous shift of consciousness. The mechanics of this are inescapable.
A way I experience this directly is to give myself a BUT Reduction. Here’s a recent example:
1) Heartfelt Intention:
- To live with Love as The Context of life.
- BUT… I still judge myself, life and people, harshly at times (I list the examples).
- BUT… The pain and suffering of my judgment can be excruciating.
- Lonely, ashamed, guilty and blame.
- Mental suffering and emotional pain.
- I want out of this moment, out of this skin.
- Look for ways to anesthetize myself.
- Check email 100 times to see who will save me.
- Go looking for my old friend, food, and eat some.